+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FIFA Football World Cup 2010

Registered
    Feb 2009

Good wasn't it. Makes me feel not so bad that England only lost 4-1.

I'm predicting a Holland vs Germany final, probably with a German win, but hopefully with a Dutch win instead.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I kind of think it'll be the same way, CiaS. I'm pulling for the Dutch myself.

Watching right now, and Netherlands just scored their first goal. An absolute beauty.

Really disappointed Ghana couldn't finish their game, but at least I don't have to deal with deciding who to root for in this game.

Registered
    Feb 2009

It was a rather spectacular first goal for the Dutch and they won 3-2 in the end. Sneijder is going to get "Player of the Year" next year, after his exploits for Inter Milan and the Netherlands.

Could be good if Spain win against Germany, as it would mean a winner of the World Cup, who have never won it before. Still think Germany will win it.

I wonder if Klose can become the all-time top scorer in the World Cup. It has a lot of the purists gnashing their teeth at the thought.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well it looks like Paul the psychic octopus managed to predict Germany's loss last night correctly. I believe that both Argentina and Germany would now like to serve him up on a platter.

So, in the final we have two teams who have never won it before. My head says Spain, my heart says Netherlands. I wonder who will win.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    Well it looks like Paul the psychic octopus managed to predict Germany's loss last night correctly. I believe that both Argentina and Germany would now like to serve him up on a platter.
    Yes, octopus barbecue has never been more popular. It has been sold out in many places.

Of course Paul received his share of death threats already.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, that's it over for another 4 years, with the final not being a great example of the beautiful game. More a Sunday league kickabout where the ball was incidental.

Biggest success of the World Cup: Paul the psychic octopus, who predicted the 3rd place play off and the final correctly. 8/8 for the tournament.

And of course, like all good losers, most of the Dutch are blaming the referee.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Congrats to Spain on their first win and I am glad both FIFA and the LeBron traveling circus is done so Sports Reporting can go back to focusing on the real US sports, Baseball and Football.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Congrats to Spain on their first win and I am glad both FIFA and the LeBron traveling circus is done so Sports Reporting can go back to focusing on the real US sports, Baseball and Football.
    Has Gridiron season started already?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    Well, that's it over for another 4 years, with the final not being a great example of the beautiful game. More a Sunday league kickabout where the ball was incidental.

And of course, like all good losers, most of the Dutch are blaming the referee.
    The first half, in particular, was pretty painful to watch. Given the bizarre number of yellow cards, I was kinda surprised that there wasn't a red until extra time.

I was glad it didn't go to penalty kicks, which is a pretty silly way to decide something that important, but that's about the best I can say about the game.

+ Reply to thread