+ Reply to thread

Thread: Caffiene is the Devil

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Caffiene is the Devil

There is nothing about it that is good. It makes me edgy and nervous, two emotional states I really don't need chemical assistance to achieve. It messes with digestion, blood pressure, and sleep patterns.

I don't really drink soda, just coffee. But still, the only way I really enjoy coffee is with 3-5 sugars and a lot of milk. So it's a bunch of pointless calories.

I don't NEED coffee, I get plenty of sleep and I don't generally feel tired. But lately I've been drinking more and more, later and later in the day. I'm getting heartburn, and feeling gross and jittery by the end of the workday.

It fucking sucks, but I keep sucking down the coffee all goddamn day.

Chemical dependence sucks balls. :Shake:

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I go in cycles, where I'll go a few months of higher and higher coffee consumption (thankfully, I do take it black), eventually bolstering it with sugar free energy drinks in the afternoon to stave off headaches (hot coffee in the afternoon = gross), then just get sick of it and detox and leave off it for a month or two.

Right now I am cycling ON, baby. YEAH!!!! :Shake:
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

AND I CAN'T EVEN SPELL CAFFEINE RIGHT.

:Shake:CHEMICALLY ENHANCED RAEG:Shake:

Registered
    Feb 2009

I run on caffeine and nicotine in an effort to stay one step ahead of the real devil, which would be overproof whiskey.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Don't forget how it punishes you when you realize you've been taking on too much: The headaches and insomnia seem a bit much to put up with.

Then I get an urge for more caffeine, and I forget all about that.

+ Reply to thread