+ Reply to thread

Thread: "Try to get dinner and it’s a crime scene."

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default "Try to get dinner and it’s a crime scene."

You'd think with a quote like that from a news story, about cops being called to a place of business that there was a mugging, or even perhaps a shooting spree.

Well, that's what I'd consider a disturbing crime scene in a restaurant, at least.

It's not what 22 year old Jessica Smith feels is a crime scene. According to her, having her 2 year old son grabbing a white russian drink placed in the middle of the table, while his parents were distracted, is a crime of the restaurant serving alcohol to a minor.

(BTW, the boy did spit up the booze, as soon as he got a taste of it.)

Not only was she making a scene while this happened, telling the restaurant that a simple apology was not enough - she called the effing cops in for this.

As long as the waiter didn't place the fucking drink right in front of her kid, with the clear implication that he meant for the child to drink it, I cannot see how anyone with a working brain can believe that the restaurant is at fault for little sunshine's first taste of booze. And frankly, to call the fucking cops for what was a harmless accident is so far beyond reasonable as to be in complete fruit bat territory. (And I apologize to any megachiropteran readers for tarring them with the dumbfuck craziness that is this woman.)

Toddlers want what you're having. If you're going to be drinking booze that means you have a responsibility to control that drink so that your toddler cannot get ahold of it while you're distracted. It's not the job of everyone around you to protect your child 24/7.

And finally, while letting your 2 yo get drunk isn't a good idea, a little booze isn't going to kill him or her. Especially if he spit out the majority of his mouthful when he didn't like the taste!

BTW, having the cop spokesperson giving that BS double talk at the end of the article pisses me off, too:
    “The preliminary investigation does not show any wrongdoing by the establishment,” Zanoli said. “We will look into any potential violations. If any are found, a licensed premise violation may be issued at a later date.”
    I'm so fucking glad that the Boston PD is so bored that they have time to keep looking into this incident to see whether any potential offenses may have occurred. What the fuck is wrong with saying, simply, "In our judgment, there was no wrongdoing." Enough with the fucking weasel wording about stupid shit. :Shake::Shake::Shake:

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Crimes committed that evening:

1) Ordering a White Russian to drink with dinner. Eww.
    2) Naming your son "Jadm." I read your cookie fortune, kid, and it said THEY'RE GOING TO GIVE YOU WEDGIES UNTIL YOU'RE 25.
    3) Being embarrassed by your own failure to monitor your toddler, and taking it out on a bunch of Asian restaurant staff who I guarantee were (a) polite; (b) not terribly well-spoken in English; and (c) NOT AT FAULT.

"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Sophmoric Existentialist
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I could rant and rave for pages, but the truth is that OtakuLoki and OneCentStamp have more or less said it all. I seldom advocate after-birth abortion, but the world would be a much nicer place without women of that sort and it would be a boon to us all if she was to be surgically removed from the human race.
    Sophmoric Existentialist

Registered
    Mar 2009

Some of the comments on the news story page are pretty funny:

"Let me get this straight. 19 year old kid gets pregnant by 32 year old man, has his kid, doesn't marry him, goes out boozing with their respective kids, ignores what this baby is doing, and then blames the waiter for her incompetence. Yeah thats it it's the waiters fault. Golddigger."

"Why weren't the parents paying attention to this child? Children are the responsibility of the parents, not the employees. Also, why were both parents drinking, who was the designated driver?"

...and the succinct, eloquent:

"Stay classy, Southie."
    Last edited by OneCentStamp; 04 May 2010 at 09:58 AM.

find me at Goodreads

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Uh...who ordered the drink? If she was the one who ordered it, shouldn't SHE be arrested for serving alcohol to a minor?

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Called the cops because the restaurant didn't manage to babysit her kid while it was in her care? Holy shit. I hope she can get charged with something -- it's a waste of our time and money for the cops to deal with this kind of thing.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Exy View post
    Called the cops because the restaurant didn't manage to babysit her kid while it was in her care? Holy shit. I hope she can get charged with something -- it's a waste of our time and money for the cops to deal with this kind of thing.
    As Sarah alluded to above, the sweetest irony would be if she were charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor.

find me at Goodreads

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

White Russians are delicious and any kid of mine would try the same thing

thieving bastards~!

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah if you put a white russian in your baby's bottle it'll probably be nice and quiet.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Dammit, why does it have to be Boston?

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    "Stay classy, Southie."
    Oh. Southie. Carry on, then.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    2) Naming your son "Jadm." I read your cookie fortune, kid, and it said THEY'RE GOING TO GIVE YOU WEDGIES UNTIL YOU'RE 25.
    My brain keeps turning that name into 'Jizm'.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm sure "Jadm" is a typo, it's probably supposed to be "Jaden". (Which is also a terrible name, just not quite as bad since it's at least pronounceable.)

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, the good news is the good is probably off the sauce for a while.

And, if the kid's already drinking white russians, it'll probably skip the hyper-dangerous malt-liquor phase.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

+ Reply to thread