+ Reply to thread

Thread: JPG Size and Avatar Question

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default JPG Size and Avatar Question

I'm not so computer savvy, so bear with me. I have several avatars I would like to put in rotation, but Mellophant tells me they are too big and that I have to manually downsize them. I'm on a MacBook. I have no idea how to downsize them. Can anyone help? It this matters, I have them all saved on my desktop.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by eleanorigby; 02 May 2010 at 06:01 PM.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

If you don't have a Photoshop or similar image manipulation program handy, there are literally dozens of websites that will do it for free in just a few seconds. Here's one: http://www.picresize.com/. You upload your pic, specify what size you want the final product to be (either in pixels or KB), and then download the resized finished product. Voila!
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Mar 2009

THANK YOU! Done.

ETA: posted too soon. Still says my pic is too big (130x100) despite my changing it to 70 pixels x 100 pixels. Argh. Will upload different avatar.
    Last edited by eleanorigby; 02 May 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Meh. I lack the patience to do this tonight. I keep trying and getting the size wrong (and always it's too big). I'll try again another day.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by eleanorigby View post
    Meh. I lack the patience to do this tonight. I keep trying and getting the size wrong (and always it's too big). I'll try again another day.
    If you would like to e-mail them to me at "benjamin1cs at hotmail dot com," I will resize them in a flash and send them back to you.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by OneCentStamp View post
    If you would like to e-mail them to me at "benjamin1cs at hotmail dot com," I will resize them in a flash and send them back to you.
    <mumbles> well, that's kind of show-offy of you, but ok<mumbles>

Actually, I'd be grateful. I dunno what it is with me and images here, but I truly suck at it. So, thanks for being such a nice guy. :smile:

+ Reply to thread