+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My house has burned down

Registered
    Feb 2009

I work with a lot of insurance companies in regards to claims. If you need any help deciphering what is going on, or if they are paying what they need to pay, or how to find a good contractor, etc. let me know.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

How about and Update Zuul? I think you said the insurance forms got filed. When do you plan to move? How is everything going?

Registered
    Mar 2009

They have not been filed, due to some further complications with my family. All is well, just taking longer than it's supposed to.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    They have not been filed, due to some further complications with my family. All is well, just taking longer than it's supposed to.
    Arggh!

You're not going to miss out though? You got an extension?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Books

First of all, I'm aggrieved for you. What an awful shock and yet, you and yours survived. By now you've been processing it for a while. I hope you are doing well, I hope you are getting some help if you need it to deal with the grief.

The tactical move of off-site storage is sobering and rarely implemented. I've got backup hard drives too.... and they are IN my backpack. I do it in case the laptop is stolen or destroyed, but if the backpack is stolen, I be fucked. Lesson learned. I'm cloning photo HD and laptop HD as soon as I can and mailing them to Mom.

You mentioned books. Once you have 4 walls to call your own, I would be delighted to send you books. I bet a lot of us would be. Amazon gift cards are one thing, but what kind of books do you like? Would you take books in a genre? Or, if you've the time, why not list titles you can remember?

In Peace,

Cartooniverse
    If you want to kiss the sky, you'd better learn how to kneel.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I'm so Melloclueless I didn't even see this thread until this morning. Let us know, Zuul, what else we can do to help!

+ Reply to thread