Poll results: Who is the Geekiest Poster on Mellophant?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • AllWalker

0 0%
  • CatInASuit

0 0%
  • Orual

0 0%
  • OtakuLoki

4 44.44%
  • Revs

0 0%
  • Skald the Rhymer

3 33.33%
  • Taumpy

0 0%
  • What Exit?

1 11.11%
  • Zuul

1 11.11%
+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is the Geekiest Poster on Mellophant?

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by dread pirate jimbo View post
    C/mon, eleanorigby, you know you want to:

Star Trek tee shirts

EVERYONE is doing it!
    Well, now, that is very intriguing, but what I want is the powder blue velour slightly off kilter V neck with black under shirt Science officer uniform top from TOS. I could live w/o the braid on the sleeves (a bit loud for my tastes), but I must have the logo over the left breast.

I know I would get total shit from family and friends if I ever 1. bought one and 2. wore it. But I wants it. I wants it BAD. It is... precious... to me.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by eleanorigby View post
    Well, now, that is very intriguing, but what I want is the powder blue velour slightly off kilter V neck with black under shirt Science officer uniform top from TOS. I could live w/o the braid on the sleeves (a bit loud for my tastes), but I must have the logo over the left breast.

I know I would get total shit from family and friends if I ever 1. bought one and 2. wore it. But I wants it. I wants it BAD. It is... precious... to me.
    Something a little more like this, then?

No braid = ensign, which still works. Besides, they always get the braid wrong on these costumes, unfortunately, which is why I made my own braid when I made my green captain's tunic.

Or are you referring to this one, which has neither braid nor a V-neck?

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Nah--I want basically Spock's uniform sans braid. I want velour*, dammit! If it was good enough for the crew of the Enterprise, it's good enough for me. I do NOT want some chickie minidress ensemble. Blech--girly shit!

I may end up making my own, someday. I did do a search a while back, but (I have to say) the models wearing this stuff um, don't exactly sell the product....

I never did get why Bones got to wear (essentially) a silk short sleeved tunic--and it had a weird neckline.

*all the crew's shirts are velour in TOS. But not the female uniforms (or at least they don't look it).

Registered
    Feb 2009

Correction: All the crew's shirts (and mini-dresses) were velour for the first two seasons; NBC cheaped out on the uniforms in season three (just like they cheaped out on everything else) and went with a polyester material. I've seen a couple of the season two tops on display at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle and they do look pretty cool, I must say.

Going with a uniform top and black slacks isn't without precedent either -- IIRC, all the women in the two pilots wore the shirt and pants combo and I think (but I wouldn't swear to it) that there is the odd female crewperson after that that appears in the background in shirt and pants, not mini-dress.

Incidentally, if you have the mad sewing skillz, there are a number of sites out there with ST uniform patterns for every series, so you can tailor your top to your own exacting standards! I borrowed liberally from some of those pattern suggestions when making my green tunic. Here's a pretty good place to start.

ETA: Don't forget the zipper on the left side of the collar, down to the sleeve!

ETA2: This is a very worthy 1,000th post for me, IMHO.
    Last edited by dread pirate jimbo; 15 Apr 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Just stumbled upon this thread and am hurt, deeply hurt, not to have even been nominated.

:: wipes away a tear ::
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 27 Aug 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    Just stumbled upon this thread and am hurt, deeply hurt, not to have even been nominated.

:: wipes away a tear ::
    I know, right? Me neither. I demand a redo.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Simple enough. Do a new one. I will even suggest the title.

So who is the geekiest poster on Mellophant now.

+ Reply to thread