+ Reply to thread

Thread: MS Word for Mac madness

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default MS Word for Mac madness

Out of nowhere, the formatting has been altered on my word documents. Normally, single spaced lines look as they should. Now, a single spaced line document is double- or at least 1.5 spaces. It's maddening. I've poked through every menu and can NOT find out why the formatting has changed. Obviously this is a real problem, documents are twice as long as they should be.

Any ideas as to where I go to fix this? It's Word 2008 for Mac, version 12.0.0

Thanks !

Cartooniverse
    If you want to kiss the sky, you'd better learn how to kneel.

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I dunno why it changed, but you should be able to change it back by going into Format--> Paragraph--> line spacing (or something like that). You may have to highlight the document to make the change.

I'm no puter expert, but that's what I'd do. My MacBook sometimes changes things on me--like the image of me that appears on email (that I don't want and never have, but that's another story). One day it was of me, rolling my eyes-a funny pic I had taken in iPhoto. I made no change and I'm the only one who uses this computer (or has the password etc). Very weird. Word has been known to go wonky on me, too--like suddenly my font size is 10 and barely readable. No idea why. I just change it back and move on. Good luck.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I don't use Word for Mac. The iWorks suite has a function where you can save Pages (word processing) documents in Word format, so I just do that if I need to open it on another machine, or send the file to someone else, or whatever. Haven't had any problems yet.

+ Reply to thread