+ Reply to thread

Thread: ST: TOS; The Alternative Factor, Ep #27

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default ST: TOS; The Alternative Factor, Ep #27

Not one of my favs. I find Lazarus tedious and his ever-changing beard distracting and annoying. Then again, the premise is intriguing--two entities caught in an endless battle to preserve both universes. Is it fair that they should pay the price? Is the second Lazarus truly insane? How does Kirk know which one to believe? I think I'd have a better discussion of the concepts if I were stoned, though.

Thoughts?

We are almost through the first season!
    Last edited by eleanorigby; 28 Feb 2010 at 08:35 PM.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It was a silly episode with more holes than normal. Bones and Kirk came off a little dumb.

Why they ever took guards off the crazy guy at the center of something that threatened the universe was some of the worst writing in the series.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Especially when held up against the quality of the rest of Season One, this isn't a great episode. As eleanorigby, has pointed out, the concept itself is interesting, with these two guys trapped between universes and such. But the execution is a sketchy. Oh well; I guess they can't all be gems.

I'm still pretty gay for Kirk, though...
    Hell is other people.

Mammuthus primigenius eleanorigby's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I saw my Bill last night at the Closing Ceremonies! His jokes went a bit flat (as did everyone else's--I don't think the crowd wanted humor, but sentiment), but still, my favorite Canuck was in the Olympics!

And now back to the thread...

+ Reply to thread