+ Reply to thread

Thread: Damn you Lady GaGa

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Damn you Lady GaGa

Damn you to heck and back.

Damn your catchy , they have been stuck in my head on replay for the last few days.

Damn your wacky costumes and desire to spend your life in just your underwear.

It's not fair, I didn't ask to become a fan. It's not the kind of music I like listening to.

Well at least until now.

Damn.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Oddly enough I like her, even though her preferred genre is crappy club music. I've seen a live performance of hers from some festival in the UK, and she can play the shit out of a piano, I gained a lot of respect for her talent watching that. Plus she gives something to look at while playing a kind of music that tends to be dominated by NSync style dancing troupes or just thug dudes in weird hats.

As usual I like remixes better than I like single versions, and features a much rawer version of Poker Face as the base of the song where you can get a good appreciation of how well she can sing and what that song could sound like if arrianged more like a Regina Spektor or Alicia Keys were to have done it. Plus there's some decent rapping, but that's besides the point here.

She's cool in my book anyway.
    Hell, if I didn't do things just because they made me feel a bit ridiculous, I wouldn't have much of a social life. - Santo Rugger.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Can't read my, can't read my
    No he can't read my poker face
    (She's got to love nobody)
    Can't read me, can't read me
    No he can't read my poker face
    (She's got to love nobody)

My nickname as a baby was Poker Face. This will be the first dance at my wedding reception.

(Kidding...or am I?)

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cluricaun View post
    Oddly enough I like her, even though her preferred genre is crappy club music. I've seen a live performance of hers from some festival in the UK, and she can play the shit out of a piano, I gained a lot of respect for her talent watching that. Plus she gives something to look at while playing a kind of music that tends to be dominated by NSync style dancing troupes or just thug dudes in weird hats.

As usual I like remixes better than I like single versions, and features a much rawer version of Poker Face as the base of the song where you can get a good appreciation of how well she can sing and what that song could sound like if arrianged more like a Regina Spektor or Alicia Keys were to have done it. Plus there's some decent rapping, but that's besides the point here.

She's cool in my book anyway.
    Yup. I want to dislike her, but just can't. She's cool in a strange way, and defies normal BS pop controversy. She's crazy over-the-top and
    Bad Romance is insidiously catchy. I do, I want to hate her. Just can't.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Registered
    Feb 2010

I've loved Stefani since I saw her performing "When the Levee Breaks" as a reggae song.
    "Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."
    Justin's Dad

Registered
    Feb 2010

And now I have that damn Poker Face song in my head. AAHHH, the earworms!! Make them stop!!
    "Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."
    Justin's Dad

+ Reply to thread