+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Women like sex

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Women like sex

Yes, they really do. The bizarre idea that men give love for sex and women give sex for love is so astoundingly insulting and dehumanizing to both genders I am shocked and horrified that there are people walking around with this stupid thought in their heads.

And yet, there are.

This is a frequent argument I have with a work acquaintance of mine. Her ideas about men and women are retardedly Victorian. Basically, her viewpoint is that women whore themselves out to get love and have a man provide for them and men do all of this in exchange for sex.

Whenever this woman starts talking about men, women, relationships, etc, I just want to smack her upside the head and scream, "Where did you come from and why did they let you out of the asylum?!"

Even more disturbing, this woman has children. And she expresses these ideas in front of them. She warns her teenage son about those "bitches" out there who are waiting to manipulate him and catch him and force him into marriage. In fact, she once told me about how shortly after giving birth to her son she looked down at her precious young baby and thought, "Oh no. Some whore is going to ruin your life." I shudder to think of the blows she must give her daughters' self-esteem on a daily basis.

I cannot even believe that I have to make this statement in the 21st century. If a woman is disgusted by sex and only puts up with it to keep her man, that is not a healthy relationship. If women honestly didn't have their own sex drives, if women honestly only wanted to have sex in order to gain access to a man's wallet, then Bill Gates would be the star of every woman's fantasies (which would involve shopping sprees, impotency, and cuddling).

P.S. That isn't what most women fantasize about.

Registered
    Feb 2009

It's insulting to men as well.
    "And I hope I don't get born again, 'cuz one time was enough!" -- Mark Sandman

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Cites -- with pictures, please.
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    This is a frequent argument I have with a work acquaintance of mine. Her ideas about men and women are retardedly Victorian. Basically, her viewpoint is that women whore themselves out to get love and have a man provide for them and men do all of this in exchange for sex.
    Who would know better than her what she does with men?

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Exy View post
    Well, clearly this woman has an unsatisfactory sex life to say the least. Whether she's genuinely uninterested in sex or whether she's been mind fucked by the lingering societal idea that women really only grudgingly give up sex for security, or to get presents, or to get the man to take out the garbage, I don't know. But there is no excuse for her to generalize based on her messed up life and to propagate this misogynistic and harmful bullshit.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene
    But there is no excuse for her to generalize based on her messed up life and to propagate this misogynistic and harmful bullshit.
    Well, I agree with this, but . . .

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    Well, clearly this woman has an unsatisfactory sex life to say the least. Whether she's genuinely uninterested in sex or whether she's been mind fucked by the lingering societal idea that women really only grudgingly give up sex for security, or to get presents, or to get the man to take out the garbage, I don't know.
    . . . it makes me uncomfortable how often, in discussion of women's sexuality, women are basically cast as so profoundly weak-minded that their own experiences are nothing but the result of societal indoctrination. I don't think I frequently see comparable dismissal of men's agency.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

. . . it makes me uncomfortable how often, in discussion of women's sexuality, women are basically cast as so profoundly weak-minded that their own experiences are nothing but the result of societal indoctrination. I don't think I frequently see comparable dismissal of men's agency.
    Really? You don't? You haven't heard anything in the realm of "men can't be expected to be better than mindless, horny sex-fiends"? That all teenaged boys are so deviant they should be guarded against with shot-guns?

I think guys are subjected to the same trope, just from the other angle. Granted, it's more with adolescents than with adults, but I think that's where the seeds of this issue are. Girls get the idea that they're not supposed to want sex.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    Really? You don't? You haven't heard anything in the realm of "men can't be expected to be better than mindless, horny sex-fiends"? That all teenaged boys are so deviant they should be guarded against with shot-guns?
    Sure I have, but that's a statement that there's no societal power strong enough to stop the power of male sexuality. (Which, of course, is bullshit, and harmful as well.) That's the opposite of the assumption that I think Myrnalene was speaking from.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Tinker View post
    It's insulting to men as well.
    I agree. I said so in the first paragraph.

I don't care about her sex life. It's the fact that she's using her experience as some sort of universal constant. She isn't saying "this is how I experience relationships." She is stomping about, shitting all over any reference to women as sexual beings.

For example, yesterday this one guy "J" is discussing his dating life and the fact that he is very religious, so is uncomfortable when women express a desire for a physical relationship. Miss Victorian up there then explains to him that they are simply trying to seduce him to get a commitment. These women he's dating couldn't possibly actually be interested in sex or be expressing incompatible desires for where the relationship is going. He just has to let them know he's one of the good guys, so they don't have to offer it. No matter how much we argued with her she insisted that these women who are expressing an interest in sex with this man don't actually want sex.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Please ask her about masturbation.

Am I just going through with it so that my right hand will do chores for me later?
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Registered
    Mar 2009

jali, that is the best.

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

For example, yesterday this one guy "J" is discussing his dating life and the fact that he is very religious . . . .
    Ship him up here for that religious woman who took me on a date.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Muffin View post
    Ship him up here for that religious woman who took me on a date.
    I would, but I think the heathen Canadians might make him have a heart attack.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I think women like the one described in the OP just haven't been fucked properly.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I think women like the one described in the OP just haven't been fucked properly.
    You have truly seen the effects of sexual dissatisfaction on women, haven't you?

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

What I find interesting is the "glossy magazine/teen drawma/chick flick" orthodoxy is:

a) Men are out for sex, and don't think emotionally about their relationships

b) Women are more complex, more emotional and wouldn't pursue a relationship for purely sexual reasons.

In my experience, if there is any truth (and when it comes to human sexuality it is so complex that generalisations are often bull)
    to these stereotypes then at least as many women are of the male mode and men of the female mode.
    Lots of people are only out for one thing, and I don't think it matters significantly what gender they are. Lots of those magazines will have stuff like 40% of married men will have affairs, not addressing the salient issue that either there are a couple of very busy sluts out there shagging all these married men, or that a similar amount of married women are involved in infidelity.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali View post
    Please ask her about masturbation.

Am I just going through with it so that my right hand will do chores for me later?
    "Wanting relief of an urge" and "wanting sex" aren't the same thing. Not wanting to earn myself the same reputation here as on the Dope , but I personally have known at least one woman who'd rather rub one out than go to the bother of having to accommodate someone else's desires at the same time as gratifying her own.

Meanwhile, a newspaper article I saw the other day quoted a recent survey to the effect that 28% of over-35 women polled claimed that they never have sex. Coincidentally , an even higher proportion say they either have sought or are considering seeking treatment for depression. And, if as nothing more than a bitter jest, the meme is still very persistent that a frustratingly high proportion of women are bait-and-switch artists (deliberately or not) whose interest in sex drops through the floor as soon as the ink's dry on the marriage certificate. (It's one consolation that I cling to when I think about the Cheatin' Ex, who used to be not bad in the sack.)

Of course, it may be men's fault for being lousy lovers, which I expect also explains this, and no doubt this study is full of horseshit.

I couldn't possibly comment on Bill Gates, but the notorious ability of some short unattractive men to attract beautiful women led to the famous zinger perpetrated by "Mrs Merton" (assumed persona of Caroline Aherne).

[Rorschach]Heard joke once. Man and woman about to get married, meet up on morning before wedding and groom says feeling really horny, how about blow-job? Bride obliges, groom goes off to church with silly grin on face. Best man asks what smile all about, groom says has just had best blow-job of his life. Meanwhile chief bridesmaid helping bride into car also asks why bride is smiling. Bride says has just given last blow-job of her life.

Roll of drums, round of applause.[/Rorschach]
    Last edited by Malacandra; 18 Feb 2010 at 08:32 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Masturbation IS sex to me. A dildo performs the same sexual action as a penis.

Foreplay, touching and being close to someone fullfills me on an emotional level in conjunction with the sexual fullfillment of orgasm.
    They weren't singing....they were just honking.
    Glee 2009

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by jali View post
    Masturbation IS sex to me. A dildo performs the same sexual action as a penis.

Foreplay, touching and being close to someone fullfills me on an emotional level in conjunction with the sexual fullfillment of orgasm.
    Exactly - which rather differentiates sex from masturbation, since the additional elements are missing from the latter. If orgasm is alcohol then masturbation is a shot of grain neutral spirits and "sex" is (or can be, at any rate) a glass of cognac or fine old Scotch.

Masturbation IS sex to me too, for all practical purposes - but I kinda wish it weren't.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Malacandra View post
    I couldn't possibly comment on Bill Gates, but the notorious ability of some short unattractive men to attract beautiful women led to the famous zinger perpetrated by "Mrs Merton" (assumed persona of Caroline Aherne).
    Well, I will say this, I do love short men, regardless of what they have in their pants.

(I mean their wallets, you pervs.)

Yes, I'm a cat. What's it to you? Muffin's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Northwestern Ontario 48°17'42.8"N,89°23'21.2"W

Is 5'6" short for a man?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah, I think 5'7" and below is considered short.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Do we have some evidence that Bill Gates is impotent?

I admire his philanthropic work very much, but have no idea what he's really like if you are sitting in a room chatting with him, one human being to another. However, I've always had the sneaking suspicion that, if we had met when he was at Harvard, I would have had a sooper-dooper crush on him. I loves me some Aspergersish, kinda dorky nerds!!!!

Zuul, your work acquaintance sounds seriously fucked up.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I dunno, she sounds more like this:
    Quote Originally posted by Ambrose Bierce
    CYNIC, n.
    A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be

Also I suspect that in general dorky nerds have about 0.001% of the appeal of multi-billionaire dorky nerds.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I suspect that in general dorky nerds have about 0.001% of the appeal of multi-billionaire dorky nerds.
    That may be true in general, but it isn't universal by any means.

Take me - my boyfriend prior to my wonderful nerd husband was, not to put too fine a point on it, RICH. He drove a Ferrari, had - as a student - a personal net worth of about $5 million, went to Harvard Business School (virtually guaranteeing an excellent income later on in life), and stood to inherit $20 million more.

I broke up with him, even though he memorably told me once, "You're not wasting your time with me; I ... might marry you." (I had to work to keep a straight face when he said that.)

Over 25 years later, that rich guy has some buildings named after him at a big university now, so I guess he stayed rich.

I don't regret choosing my wonderful, gentle, adorable, nerdy, MIT husband instead of the rich guy for a tenth of second. Money doesn't matter to all of us, regardless of what Zuul's insane acquaintance thinks.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Hatshepsut View post
    Do we have some evidence that Bill Gates is impotent?
    No, no, no. That's not what I was saying at all. As far as I know, Mr. Gates is in perfect working order.

I meant that if Ms. Victorian was correct that all women don't want sex, then they wouldn't fantasize about virility. They'd be interested in men who weren't going to make them have to close their eyes and think of England. Their fantasies would be about men who weren't going to have sex.

Basically, if all women were only exchanging sex for love and security, you'd see a lot more romance novels about poets and software gurus and a lot fewer about sexy firemen and cowboys.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

And that's why women buy tons of romance novels about men who stop when they say No and do an exact 50% of all household chores. Because commercial fantasy is an exact mirror of what women seek in reality, yanno.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

You have truly seen the effects of sexual dissatisfaction on women, haven't you?
    Yes, when I was 19 I was the back-door man of an older woman who was bored in her long-term relationship. We spent a year fucking 4-5 days out of the seven every week. Since we worked together, we would go up on the rooftop and I'd bend her over 19 floors above Broadway. She liked it especially when I dressed up in her clothes and would fuck her. Pretty much every woman I've had more than a couple of fucks with has told me that no one in their entire life has been able to do what I can do. *shrugs* Of course people can say, "They always say that.", implying that all women are liars and that any man who is confident in their own prowess is a schmuck.

But in my experience most people don't know how to fuck properly, man or woman. As a young man I was pretty much pure libido with little other consideration in life. If I really wanted a woman, generally I got her or I can pinpoint what I did that messed it up, and half the time it was women coming up to me.

Of all my deficiencies, not knowing where the clitoris is, has never been one of them. Faked orgasms generally do not include flopping around in violent convulsions.

So I stand by my conclusion that most women who think like the one described in the OP haven't been fucked properly. And by this I don't mean necessarily a raunchy violent fuck either. Different women have a different threshold of, 'properly'.

Most men have not been fucked properly either. The couple of times I've had sexual encounters with men they have expressed some kind of surprise at the fact that I have limited experience with a man but was good at it.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Pretty much every woman I've had more than a couple of fucks with has told me that no one in their entire life has been able to do what I can do.
    Dude, you can't really think that bragging about your sexual prowess on an anonymous internet forum actually makes you look good, can you?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Malacandra
    And that's why women buy tons of romance novels about men who stop when they say No and do an exact 50% of all household chores. Because commercial fantasy is an exact mirror of what women seek in reality, yanno.
    Have you ever read a romance novel? A recent one, I mean. The "love at first rape" ones are actually specifically forbidden in the submission guidelines of quite a few publishers these days. They still exist, but not in the numbers they used to and are generally found in specific niche markets, usually either having a BDSM theme or being historical. Additionally, having a rape fantasy isn't the same as actually wanting to be raped, but that doesn't negate that the desire for said fantasy truly does exist.

This is how mainstream, modern, Happily Ever After, heterosexual romance novels tend to go these days:

The man is almost always taller than the woman. They tend toward being muscular, but some are described as "lanky" and "lean" instead. Their hands are large. If this romance novel involves erotic content, you can guess what else is large, too. He is usually her age or older than her. I imagine the proliferation of the "cougar" idea will see this cause a shift in literature, but the mainstream will always lean toward same age or older men. Culturally masculine traits such as strong jaws, rough hands, and being "sun-weathered" are emphasized. Soft, pale heroes don't often show up in heterosexual romances. Doctor, lawyer, CEO, musician, cowboy, cop, fireman, FBI agent, etc, tend to be common professions. Not all of those make a lot of money, but they usually rely on an individual having a powerful personality.

I didn't take stats on this, but IIRC most of the romance novels I read involved at least one scene where the man cooked. If children were involved in the story, the man would fall absolutely in love with them and badly want to be an active father by the end of the story. Every. Single. Time. The nurturing aspects of the hero's personality were as important as his virility. The beginning of the novel might have conflict between the two main characters, but by the end tenderness and love reign supreme.

Since I already wrote about what others had to say on the topic before, I'll just copy myself:

In an article titled "Evolution of Human Mate Choice," David Geary, Jacob Vigil, and Jennifer Byrd-Craven explore why and how women choose their mates. Male reproductive potential is limited only by sexual access, while gestation and suckling time limit female reproductive potential. Since a male can have a nearly unlimited number of offspring and a female can only care for so many children, they must have different evolutionary priorities. From this, it is predicted that there "is an evolved bias of mammalian females toward high levels of parental investment...and mammalian males toward competition for mates and no parental investment" (p27). As all mammalian females tend to invest more in parenting than males, the female choice in mate becomes more critical than that of the male, as she has more to lose. The decision to mate being made by the female "has been demonstrated across species of bird, insect, fish, reptile, and mammal" (p28). One intriguing result of this that Geary et al. note is that female choice promotes exaggerated male traits.

When mate choice is seen from an evolutionary perspective, it becomes obvious that a woman's best interest lies in a long-term partner with good genes who has reproductive potential and a desire to invest this potential in her and her children. Geary et al. state that male "reproductive potential is determined by the ability to parent and the ability to invest social and material resources in children" (p28). One of the ways that Geary et al. choose to define men's resources is through social status and the control of material resources.

Geary et al. find evidence of this preference in studies of singles ads and popular fiction novels, stating that one study found "the same themes across 25 contemporary romance novels and six classic novels that have traditionally appealed to women more than men" (p28-9). These stories involve a male protagonist who is usually an older, socially dominant, and wealthy man who ultimately marries the woman. Some of the stories cited are from the Old Testament in the Bible, going back 3,000 years.

This preference for culturally succesful men is complicated, however, with social realities. Geary et al. note that such men "are often arrogant, self-serving, and better able to pursue their preferred reproductive interests than are other men" (p29). These interests involve pursuing multiple mating partners rather than investing in a single woman and her children, resulting in a loss of benefit to the partners. Because of this, personal and behavioral traits may be deemed more important than success. Emotional stability and family orientation were found to be even more important than ambition or social dominance (p30).

Physically, women "prefer men who are somewhat taller than average, and have an athletic (but not too muscular) and symmetrical body shape" (Geary, p29). Prominent cheek bones and masculine chins are preferred to more delicate, feminine faces. Geary claims that all of these traits indicate genetic variability, a lack of illness during development, and current health.

Further studies into female desires back up many of these assertions. The article "Sex Differences in Sexual Fantasy" by Bruce Ellis returns to Geary et al.'s references to romance novels and other fiction, finding that women prefer fantasizing and reading about the type of men they are most likely to choose as mates. Ellis notes that romance novels have changed dramatically over the years, with more graphic and frequent sexual activity as well as giving the heroines powerful careers. However, the "basic fictional world" of romance novels "has remained remarkably stable over the centuries," much like the "fictional world" of the vastly different male pornography (p527).

Ellis, Bruce. "Sex Differences in Sexual Fantasy: An Evolutionary Psychological Approach." Journal of Sex Research. Nov. 1990: 527-30.

Geary, David, Jacob Vigil, and Jennifer Byrd-Craven. "Evolution of Human Mate Choice." Journal of Sex Research. Feb. 2004. 27-9.
    Yeah, I think there are aspects of literary fantasy which do reflect a person's desires. Not all women read the same genres of romance novels (and plenty of women don't read them at all), but I'd be hard-pressed to suggest women are seeking out romance novels which explore fantasies they don't want to explore. Wealthy men might catch women's interest, but other factors (and yes, sexual desire!) are still going to be the primary motivators.

Porno Dealing Monster pepperlandgirl's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

No, no, no. That's not what I was saying at all. As far as I know, Mr. Gates is in perfect working order.

I meant that if Ms. Victorian was correct that all women don't want sex, then they wouldn't fantasize about virility. They'd be interested in men who weren't going to make them have to close their eyes and think of England. Their fantasies would be about men who weren't going to have sex.

Basically, if all women were only exchanging sex for love and security, you'd see a lot more romance novels about poets and software gurus and a lot fewer about sexy firemen and cowboys.
    I know Zuul covered it nicely, but hell, we're always going on around here about how we need more posts.

First, you're obliquely referencing what is known in the business as "Forced seduction." These types of scenarios began in the 70s and continued their popularity into the 90s. But for the past 2 decades, they haven't been as popular, and while they still show up, the vast majority of readers are turned off by them. But forced seductions served a purpose back in those days. See, romance novels could have love but people weren't comfortable with sex. The thought of women wanting to read about women wanting to have sex was actually pretty out there. But...if you could frame your sex into what amounted to a rape fantasy than it was okay. Why? Because that removes all responsibility from the woman. It's okay in that way because she didn't want it, she was just a passive partner (but she eventually kinda did want it). This created a space where both character and reader could have some sort of sexual outlet.

But they're not popular anymore because they're just not necessary. Women write very good erotic romance, and other women buy it right up as quickly as they can. In those books, the female characters range from sweet and virginal to hardcore Dommes who keep their men in line with expert use of the whip. The market has opened up to allow all kinds of exploration of sex and passion and even morality, and so books no longer have to be encoded to be acceptable. Those rape fantasies were never, ever about how women didn't want sex. Ever. That was never their function.

These days, a romance hero has to be able to keep up with the heroine. She's very rarely a virgin anymore (like in the old days), and she requires a virile man. But even more interesting is the fact that women don't even need women in books anymore. There's a small but growing market for gay romance, because women like the thought of two very handsome, very virile men having sex often and with great enthusiasm. If women didn't like sex, why would I write this stuff and why would they buy it? Oh sure, the emotional element has to be there (thus the title erotic romance) but the key part of the genre is erotic.

Finally, in modern romance novels, the woman usually has her own life, her own career, her own goals, etc. Often the conflict centers around how to reconcile that with a relationship. And the books that sell the best and get the greatest reviews almost never solve that conflict by the woman announcing she's going to stay home, raise the babies, and take care of her man.
    I'm still swimming in harmony. I'm still dreaming of flight. I'm still lost in the waves night after night...

Do you have an idea or an article you would like to see on the Electric Elephant? Email me at theelectricelephant(at)gmail.com!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Dude, you can't really think that bragging about your sexual prowess on an anonymous internet forum actually makes you look good, can you?
    What does it have to do with looking good? Notice how one is not allowed to say that they are good at something without being accused of bragging? You're the one that made it personal. It's ok though I won't hold it against you, you seem like you're still a youngun who thinks that appearances to pseudonymous people are more important than they are.

If I were to say I was good at Chess (I'm not particularly) would you similarly look down upon me for saying it? Is it not ok to be confident that you are good at something and to talk about it?

I'm similarly very good at capturing the flag in first person shooters. I have the highest score for capturing the intel in TF2 on a server I play on that is filled with really top-shelf players. Am I similarly not allowed to talk about being good at that without expecting your random contemptuous snipes? (Being that you have never actually spoken to me outside of contemptuous snipes)

I am lead to believe that you will hold me with contempt regardless of what I say, so it's really irrelevant to me what YOU believe.

To be honest with you, sex is one of the few things I have found myself to be fairly good at in this life, and I enjoyed my accomplishments. Sorry if that for some reason triggers your social conditioning and brings up the need in you to type pre-fabricated slogans.
    Last edited by Tinker; 19 Feb 2010 at 12:23 PM.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yes, yes, Tinker. My dick is 13 inches long and my IQ is 187.

I am lead to believe that you will hold me with contempt regardless of what I say, so it's really irrelevant to me what YOU believe.
    What does that even mean?
    Last edited by Exy; 19 Feb 2010 at 12:29 PM.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

She liked it especially when I dressed up in her clothes and would fuck her. Pretty much every woman I've had more than a couple of fucks with has told me that no one in their entire life has been able to do what I can do.
    What, fit into their clothes?
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Registered
    Feb 2009

Some people at another board told him that you would be mean to him here. Why the other board felt it necessary to comment on matters here, I do not know, but that's where his idea comes from.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Well, to be fair to whichever board you mean, this did kind of poison the well right off the bat:

Quote Originally posted by Exy
    'Twas a good joke, but it does tend to put a newcomer on the defense after having been warned about this place.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Some people at another board told him that you would be mean to him here. Why the other board felt it necessary to comment on matters here, I do not know, but that's where his idea comes from.
    Oh, yes, Wednesday's post at GB. Someone linked that in chat at some point.

Tinker, you completely missed her point.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Oh, yes, Wednesday's post at GB. Someone linked that in chat at some point.

Tinker, you completely missed her point.
    Not really. Everything you have said to me since I came here is pithy and snide. Devoid of substance and merely a personal attack.

I disagree with Wednesday on her assessment of your board prowess. So not to worry, it's not that. ;p

Anyway, my bragging on my sexual prowess was meant to be playful, not nasty anyway. I was just kind of reliving glory days pseudonymously. If it's off-putting then *shrugs* you win some you lose some.

Still, I think that the fact remains that there are a lot of sexually dissatisfied people in the world, and that very rarely do people cultivate that as a skill.

Registered
    Feb 2009

'Twas a good joke, but it does tend to put a newcomer on the defense after having been warned about this place.
    True, but to be totally honest, this comment:

Quote Originally posted by Tinker
    set my teeth on edge. Something about insisting that a women who really doesn't like sex needs to be fucked (and how is that going to happen, since she would be unwilling?) seemed crass and creepy to me.

But different strokes, etc etc.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Look, dude, feel free to put me on your ignore list or whatever. Sorry, but you popped up with a goofy comment that basically boiled down to "well, she just hasn't ridden my dick yet, that'd change her mind " and I was just laughing a little because you came across like a teenage boy acting macho in a locker room. It was meant to be a friendly little bit of ball-busting and, well, I'd expect that if I said something like you did. I figured you'd realize that you sounded a little douchier than you meant and try to come back with something funny, not several paragraphs more of bragging about your sexploits. It was a little tweaking because you sounded like a doofus. I wasn't trying to hit you in what apparently is a sensitive spot.

Also, "message board prowess"? Seriously?

Registered
    Feb 2009

set my teeth on edge. Something about insisting that a women who really doesn't like sex needs to be fucked (and how is that going to happen, since she would be unwilling?) seemed crass and creepy to me.
    Well it depends on how it turns out doesn't it? If you think of 'fucking' as being only the rough stuff then I can see why you'd think this way. It's all in the word, 'properly'.

But different strokes, etc etc.
    Indeed, different strokes. Most people think it's all in the wrist, but really it's all in the fingers.

Look, dude, feel free to put me on your ignore list or whatever. Sorry, but you popped up with a goofy comment that basically boiled down to "well, she just hasn't ridden my dick yet, that'd change her mind " and I was just laughing a little because you came across like a teenage boy acting macho in a locker room. It was meant to be a friendly little bit of ball-busting and, well, I'd expect that if I said something like you did. I figured you'd realize that you sounded a little douchier than you meant and try to come back with something funny, not several paragraphs more of bragging about your sexploits. It was a little tweaking because you sounded like a doofus. I wasn't trying to hit you in what apparently is a sensitive spot.
    Not sensitive at all. I dunno why you assume that. If I was sensitive about it do you think I would've written what I've written? Just the impression I've gotten from this board is that YOU are a douchebag. You've yet to really show me differently. So if we share the same opinion of one another then I guess we're on equal footing. Where it regards your responses TO ME, I see you as a troll.

It's not that she hasn't ridden MY dick, just that she hasn't ridden the right one for her. Or maybe she prefers the pussy but is too sheepish to go there. Who knows?

If she's little miss Victorian maybe she should stop closing her eyes and thinking of England, and close her eyes and think of Amsterdam. You really never know what keys will unlock which doors.

Also, "message board prowess"? Seriously?
    Well, seriousness is relative, but yes, seriously.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. But maybe I should rephrase it. 'Anyone who doesn't like sex has clearly not had ideal sexual experiences.'
    Last edited by Tinker; 19 Feb 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Not sensitive at all. I dunno why you assume that.
    Uh, that would be because of your several paragraphs of TLDR about how amazing the ladies find your epic fucking and then your descent into deciding I was just lying in wait for you to join Mellophant so I could be cruel to you.

Hell, I didn't even know who you were. I thought I liked you (turns out I was confusing you with msmith537. That dude cracks my shit right up.)

Quote Originally posted by Tinker
    Well, seriousness is relative, but yes, seriously.
    Well, maybe I should run along. I'm not sure I can compete with your MESSAGE BOARD PROWESS.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Ah, wank.

Alright then. Do women like sex? Y/N

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

All women hate sex.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Thank you.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Thank you.
    You're welcome. Feel free to ask me for any future mansplanations you might need.

I've had better days, but I don't care! hatesfreedom's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

women; Plural of woman.

woman; An adult female human.

Generally I don't think I'll ever care if women like sex or not. It's kind of their own decision on that one chief. All I know is: hatesfreedom always gets his.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Hates only takes off his hat for one thing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Uh, that would be because of your several paragraphs of TLDR about how amazing the ladies find your epic fucking and then your descent into deciding I was just lying in wait for you to join Mellophant so I could be cruel to you.
    You really are chuffed with yourself aren't you? I don't think much about you for the most part. Pretty much we've disagreed on just about everything, and the one time I tried to engage you in substantive debate you simply didn't return to the thread. So I have decided that you are a particular type of troll known as a 'sniper'.

Hell, I didn't even know who you were. I thought I liked you (turns out I was confusing you with msmith537. That dude cracks my shit right up.)
    Yeah, I like that guy too.

Well, maybe I should run along. I'm not sure I can compete with your MESSAGE BOARD PROWESS.
    Keep sniping bro, keep sniping.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Uh, no. The song is called "You Can Leave Your Hat on." Get it right.

+ Reply to thread