+ Reply to thread

Thread: Preteen Student Arrested for Doodling On Desk

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Preteen Student Arrested for Doodling On Desk

Taken away in handcuffs for writing some girly nonsense in erasable marker.

A spokesman for the City Education Department, and the police spokesman have said the arrest was a mistake. But how on earth could it have happened in the first place?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Alexa is the latest in a string of city students who have been cuffed for minor infractions. In 2007, 13-year-old Chelsea Fraser was placed under arrest for writing "okay" on her desk at Intermediate School 201. And in 2008, 5-year-old Dennis Rivera was cuffed and sent to a psych ward after throwing a fit in his kindergarten.
    This is insane. Those poor kids. What the hell is wrong there that this keeps happening over stupidly minor incidents?

The Apostabulous Inner Stickler's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

They're full of toxins from the fluoridated water. It makes them act out in crazy ways.
    I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

There's something troubling in that the system lets us place people like these as authority figures for our children.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myrnalene View post
    Taken away in handcuffs for writing some girly nonsense in erasable marker.

A spokesman for the City Education Department, and the police spokesman have said the arrest was a mistake. But how on earth could it have happened in the first place?
    D'oh - I originally read the thread title as "doodling on deck," and thought that damn skippy I'd be calling SOMEONE if the neighorhood spawn broke into my yard and vandalized my deck.

But the actual story is beyond nuts.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Wow, that is some serious crazy right there.

What's even worse is that she is going to have to write an essay about what she learned from the experience. I guess she'll have to suck it up and write some smarmy, penitent shit. God help her if she told them honestly what she's bound to learn from that experience.

+ Reply to thread